Until further notice, Upham CE Primary School is closed, except for those children who are vulnerable and children whose parents are critical to the Covid-19 response. Please note we continue to be open for these children over Easter (ie 6-17 April).
If you need to contact someone at the school, please use the email address below (which is checked most regularly):
or telephone 01489 860355.
Parents whose work is critical to the COVID-19 response include those who work in health and social care and in other key sectors outlined below. Many parents working in these sectors may be able to ensure their child is kept at home. And every child who can be safely cared for at home should be.
Please, therefore, follow these key principles:
- If it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be.
- If a child needs specialist support, is vulnerable or has a parent who is a critical worker, then educational provision will be available for them.
- Parents should not rely for childcare upon those who are advised to be in the stringent social distancing category such as grandparents, friends, or family members with underlying conditions.
- Parents should also do everything they can to ensure children are not mixing socially in a way which can continue to spread the virus. They should observe the same social distancing principles as adults.
- Residential special schools, boarding schools and special settings continue to care for children wherever possible.
These key workers include:
- Health and Social Care
- Education & childcare
- Key Public Services
- Food and other necessary goods
- Public Safety and national security
- Utilities, Communication & financial services
More detail guidance is available at: